Also included in
- Make your reading centers and guided reading lessons effective and stress-free with these 100% EDITABLE Fiction and Nonfiction reading activities. They are so much more than just graphic organizers. Simply pair any of these reading activity sheets with a Nonfiction OR Fiction text, and you have an i$9.99$13.98Save $3.99
Make your reading centers and guided reading lessons effective and stress-free with these 100% EDITABLE Nonfiction reading activities. They are so much more than just graphic organizers. Simply pair any of these reading activity sheets with a Nonfiction text, and you have an instant activity for your students!
Students can type directly on the pages. Created with Google Slides. Perfect for Google Classroom or any online learning platform.
- 22 Nonfiction Reading Activity Sheets that can be used during Literacy Centers and/or Guided Reading. Simply print, and you are done! These activity sheets were created to align with the Common Core Standards, and are meant to reinforce “good” reading strategies for Nonfiction.
- A PDF version and a fully editable version of each page in PowerPoint
- A GOOGLE Slides version that is ready to be used with Google Classroom (formatted for students to type on the pages)
- An ANCHOR CHART version of each sheet with directions on how to print poster-size pages.
Each Activity Sheet Includes...
★ An explanation of the skill/strategy and why we use it.
★ Directions on how to complete the activity with the text.
★ A chart or organizer for students to complete and show their thinking.
★ Each sheet comes in TWO formats (2nd format gives students MORE room to write)
★ ALL sheets come with a 100% EDITABLE version.
Why Teachers LOVE them...
❤ They are NO-PREP!
❤ You can use each sheet multiple times! Just change out the text.
❤ They teach why the skill is important as well as provide a meaningful activity to reinforce the skill.
❤ They are FULLY EDITABLE and can be adapted to ANY classroom.
❤ They make reading centers and guided reading lessons EASY!
❤ Students on ALL levels can use these just by changing out the level of the text.
Non-Fiction Skills/Strategies Include:
✔ KWL Chart
✔ Asking Questions
✔ Previewing Vocabulary
✔ Previewing the Text
✔ Making Inferences
✔ Text Features
✔ Main Idea and Supporting Details
✔ Identifying Topic Sentences and Supporting Details
✔ Text Structure: Chronological Order
✔ Text Structure: Compare and Contrast (2 versions)
✔ Text Structure: Cause and Effect (3 versions)
✔ Text Structure: Problem and Solution
✔ Writing a Summary
✔ Using Context Clues
✔ Fact vs. Opinion
✔ Analyzing Different Points of View in a Text
✔ Reflecting on a Text
✔ Comparing Two Texts
✔ Reasons & Evidence
How to use this resource!
All you will need for these activity sheets to work in your classroom is a variety of nonfiction texts (articles, websites, books).
As a teacher, I always seem to have a collection of nonfiction articles, but nothing to go with them. This resource solves that problem!!! I place a group of nonfiction articles out for my students to choose from (as one of my Literacy Centers), and one of these nonfiction activity sheets (depending on the skill we are working on). I change out the activity sheet once a week, and provide new articles as needed.
Another way I use this resource in my classroom is during Guided Reading. I use a nonfiction text of my choosing, and the activity sheet that aligns with the standard I am teaching. This is a great way to differentiate. You can use the same activity sheet with each group, but with a different text (on their level).
Check out my other Language Arts Resources!
LOOKING for MORE great RESOURCES???
Download my FREE Shopping Guide to easily browse through ALL of my resources.
If you would like to contact me about pricing on a license for an ENTIRE school, county, or district, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!