These Nonfiction Reading Strategies are the perfect supplement to my Reading Comprehension Interactive Notebook Activities!
A great, ready to use resource to add to your daily curriculum! This product includes 10 nonfiction & informational text reading response resources that will help students analyze and comprehend difficult reading. Just chose which one works best for the reading you are teaching that day, print, and go! There is no additional prep needed! Could be incorporated in any subject in middle or (or even high school!) grades. Would be awesome for homeschool curriculum reading response as well!
These can be used along with textbook reading, online readings, articles, biographies, test prep readings, etc. And could be used in ANY subject that reads nonfiction or informational text!
1. SQ3R (Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review)
2. Close Reading (3 Step Reading Strategy)
3. Decision Tree (Weighing positives/negatives to make a decision based on facts).
4. Concept Definition Chart (Break down large concepts)
5. Arrow Diagram (Who, What, When....)
6. Event Diagram (Details about events that occurred)
7. Biography Profile (When reading about a person)
8. Circle Chart (Main idea & supporting details)
9. 3-2-1 Write & Share
10. KWL + (KWL + more detail for comprehension)
These forms are NO PREP so just download, print, copy, and use!!