Nonfiction Text Feature BUNDLE: Lessons and Activities in Print and Digital
Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Understanding text features and how authors use them in nonfiction texts is critical for reading comprehension. This nonfiction text features bundle has everything you need to keep your students engaged as they learn about 23 types of nonfiction text features. The activities in this bundle make learning text features fun and easy! Students love the activities while teachers love the convenience of these no-prep resources that can be used year after year when teaching about informational texts! These text feature activities can be used for test prep, review, or introduction of this skill. It includes a PowerPoint, a foldable, task cards, posters, a craftivity, an assessment, and more!
The nonfiction text features include:
→ Title page
→ Table of Contents
→ Guide Words
→ Bold Words
→ Words in Italics
→ Bullet Points
→ Text box
→ Charts and Graphs
What's included... To gain a better idea of everything included, please check out the individual previews for each resource:
- Ideal for introducing this topic to students!
- Use this over multiple days!
- You have my permission to convert this to Google Slides, if you wish.
- It comes with a matching 6-page companion handout (The companion handout includes both a printable version and a Google Slides version.)
- Identify text features and explain how each is used
- When complete, it makes a perfect reference tool!
- You get to choose whether to use the printable version, the Google Slides version, or the Easel Activity version.
- Traditional answer sheet or gamelike answer sheet
- You get to choose whether to use the printable version, the Google Slides version, the Google Forms version, or the Easel version.
- Choose whether you want to use the print version or the Google Slides version of the posters and worksheet.
- 48 game pieces (24 matches)
- Simply print and cut the game pieces. Students turn all of the game pieces over, and then follow the directions to play Memory!
- You get to choose whether to use the printable format that is played in a small group or the Easel Activity format that can be played individually or with a partner.
- 22 multiple-choice questions
- You get to choose whether to use the printable version, the Google version, or the Easel version.
6 days of LESSON PLANS
- These plans outline how and when I use each of the included resources! You don't have to follow the lesson plan format I provide, of course, but it might be helpful in providing a bit of direction for you.
Here's what teachers like you have to say about this bundle:
- Monica R. said, "My students learned nonfiction text features better than they have previous years because of this resource. This is a great product. I am glad I purchased it for my class. Students were very happy during the lessons."
- Alexis V. said, "I loved this resource. It took some time to put the booklet together but WOW, was it worth it. It was engaging, a great reference tool, and helped guide my instruction. Awesome product and easy to use, just set some time aside to make it or have your students do it."
- Angela L. said, "I love all of your resources! They are well thought out and engage my students in learning! Easy to set up and with multiple activities to choose from to enhance their learning- AMAZING!"
- Ariane O. said, "This resource is amazing! It has EVERYTHING I could possibly need to teach text features. It's been really fun, helpful, and engaging."
- Ellen B. said, "This bundle is AMAZING! My students are so completely engaged! This bundle has everything you need and more."
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
The resources in this bundle are to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting these items (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!