PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This fun resource includes six engaging lessons about Nonfiction Text Features. Each lesson and activity is designed to be hands-on and interactive. Many of the elements that students create in the lessons can serve as a reference for them to use throughout the entire school year (match-up, search and find, guide book). The lessons are designed so that they can be taught in succession or as separate activities throughout the entire school year. Four nonfiction passages about famous scientists are also included in this resource for cross-curricular integration. Reading comprehension questions accompany each nonfiction article as well. This unit is not only fun, it’s also jam-packed with ways for students to master Nonfiction Text Features.
Also, this unit aligns perfectly with these 5 Nonfiction Text Structure Doodle and Do units!
With these lessons, students will…
Nonfiction Text Features Lesson Overview:
This detailed NONFICTION TEXT FEATURES unit includes:
• About the Resource & Lesson Overview
• Detailed Lesson Plans (6 total)
• Nonfiction Text Features Match-Up – Mismatched Cards (12)
• Nonfiction Text Features Reference Guide Sheet
• Nonfiction Text Features Match-Up – Answer Key
• Search and Find – Flip Cards – Cover pages and section dividers
• Search and Find – Flip Cards (12)
• Search and Find – Flip Cards and section dividers – Answers Key
• Guide Book – 10 pages with guided notes and text feature notes, purposes & examples
• Guide Book – Answer keys
• Nonfiction Articles (to accompany the guide book)
----- “Genius Scientist” – Alfred Einstein (color and black and white version)
----- Reading Comprehension Questions for “Genius Scientist”
----- “George Washington Carver” (color and black and white version)
----- Reading Comprehension Questions for “George Washington Carver
----- Answer Keys
• Nonfiction Text Features Wanted Poster (color and black and white version)
• Nonfiction Text Features Type Cards
• Wanted Poster Example
• Identify Nonfiction Text Features Types
• Cut-out arrows
• Nonfiction Article – “Who was Marie Curie?”
• Reading Comprehension Questions for “Who was Marie Curie?”
• Labeled article key
• Make Your Own Nonfiction Article Materials
----- Article text on Benjamin Franklin
----- Nonfiction text feature elements
----- Design elements
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Benjamin Franklin text
• Make Your Own Nonfiction Article Sample
• Reading comprehension answer keys
You may also like…
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction