PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Boom Cards Reading | Nonfiction Text Features Activities | 2nd grade Bundle | These common core games and digital activities are designed to practice identifying, understanding, and interpreting text features in informational text. It's full of text features games, anchor charts, posters and printable worksheets to teach Common Core Standards CCSS.ELA-‐LITERACY.RI.2.5 and CCSS.ELA-‐LITERACY.RI.3.5. This interactive pack is great for centers & small groups!
Common Core Standards:
• 2.RI..5 CCSS.ELA-‐LITERACY.RI.2.5
• Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts of information in a text efficiently.
• 3.RI.5 CCSS.ELA-‐LITERACY.RI.3.5
• Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- Fiction vs. Non-fiction Anchor Chart (Page 3)
- Text Features Anchor Chart (Page 4)
- Text Features Definitions (Page 5)
- Non-fiction Text Features Cut & Paste Match-Up with Answer Key
- 5 Text Features Bingo Cards (pages 18-22)
- 18 Bingo Word Cards (pages 23 & 24)
- Text Feature Look and Check (Page 25)
- Using a Table of Contents Activity Sheet (Page 26)
- Using the Glossary Activity Sheet (Page 27)
- Text Features Assessment- black line and color(Page 28-30)
- Text Features Cards (pages 31 & 32)
Use as flashcards or make 2 copies of each sheet to play Memory.
- 18 Text Feature Anchor Charts (pages 33-41)
Text Features focus:
Table of Contents
Bold Words (Key Words)
★★★★CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE BOOM CARD BONUS PREVIEW★★★★
BOOM CARDS READING Nonfiction Text Features (Human Body):
An interactive, no prep, self-checking, common core deck of 28 Boom Cards to assess readers' understanding of nonfiction text features. All answers are movable! Just Drag & Drop the correct answer under the text feature shown on each card. No prep and self-checking! Human Body themed text features. An easy answer to infusing technology into your classroom!
Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
What's a BOOM CARD?
"With your Teachers Pay Teachers purchase, users new to Boom Learning get a three-month free trial of student progress reporting for up to 150 students. Your trial includes the ability to make up to 5 free DIY decks. You may upgrade or cancel at any time. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years) on interactive whiteboards, computers and tablets. Boom Cards apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try a free Boom Cards deck first. When you redeem your purchase, Boom Learning opens an account for you if you do not already have one. If you do not subscribe at the end of your trial, you will be able to continue using Boom Cards with the Fast Play feature. Fast Play does not track individual progress. If you do not subscribe we will delete your student records 3 months after the expiration of the trial to protect student privacy."
IT TAKES 30 SECONDS TO SET UP YOUR FREE BOOM ACCOUNT:
1. Click on the green box marked “Create” on the BOOM Learning site.
2. Click “Get Started”
3. Set up an email and password for your FREE BOOM Learning account.
4. Your BOOM Cards will be stored for you in the “Library” on the top blue bar.
You may also be interested in the following products:
Boom Cards Reading | Nonfiction Text Features Activities | 2nd grade Bundle