Products in this Bundle (2)
With the Common Core's increased emphasis on nonfiction, this packet with be very helpful in keeping your students engaged and involved in a wide variety of activities to understand nonfiction text features.
NF Text Features included in this complete set are:
- Table of Contents
- Key Words
- Bullet Points
- Pronunciation Guide
- Guide Words
- Website/ Hyperlink
- Title Page
- Graphic Organizer
Included in this packet are;
- 24 nonfiction text features full-page, full-color posters with feature, definition, and illustration
- 24 pages of sticky-note templates for students to practice labeling a wide variety of nonfiction text features in magazines, newspapers, trade books, and more
- 1 page of numbers 1-12 on sticky notes for you to set up the scavenger hunt in your class. Also, numbers 13-24 are included in Part 2 to use these packets together
- recording sheets for the nonfiction text features scavenger hunt
- instructions to help you set up the various activities
- matching assessment & accompanying keys
To see how I use these in my classroom, click the links below:
- With NF short texts: http://3rd.gr/1stdays_nftf
- With Scholastic News: http://3rd.gr/nftf_sn
The following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards are addressed in this packet:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.5 Use text features and search tools to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.7 Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text.
Check out my blog for more information: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!