Text Features: Here is a complete resource full of hands on, engaging activities for learning twenty-one different nonfiction text features. Includes an interactive PowerPoint lesson plan that can be differentiated to meet the needs of your students along with posters, bookmarks, task cards, a book making activity and more! Students will learn to:
1. Describe what a text feature is.
2. Locate and identify text features using a book, magazine or electronic device.
3. Describe the purpose of different text features
4. Explain how various text features can help them as readers.
Students will enjoy learning about these different non-fiction text features:
• Photographs & Illustrations
• Cross Section
• Close Up
• Text Box
• Title Page
• Table of Contents
• Bullet Points
• Bold Print
I wrote a blog post about Nonfiction Text Features here:
Nonfiction Text Features - Clues to Understanding the Text