With the Common Core's increased emphasis on nonfiction, this packet with be very helpful in keeping your students engaged and involved in a wide variety of activities to understand nonfiction text features.
**This is the follow-up packet to my original, best-selling resource here: http://3rd.gr/nf_text
NF Text Features included in PART 2 are:
- Pronunciation Guide
- Guide Words
- Website/ Hyperlink
- Title Page
- Graphic Organizer
Included in this packet are;
- 12 nonfiction text features full-page, full-color posters with feature, definition, and illustration
- 12 pages of sticky-note templates for students to practice labeling a wide variety of nonfiction text features in magazines, newspapers, trade books, and more
- 1 page of numbers 1-12 on sticky notes for you to set up the scavenger hunt in your class. Also, numbers 13-24 are included if you would like to use this in conjunction with my original Text Features set
- 3 recording sheets for the nonfiction text features scavenger hunt
- 2 pages of instructions to help you set up the various activities
- 1 page matching assessment & accompanying key, numbered in both 1-12 and 13-24 if you would like to use this along with my original set
To see how I use these in my classroom, click the links below:
- With NF short texts: http://3rd.gr/1stdays_nftf
- With Scholastic News: http://3rd.gr/nftf_sn
DISCOUNTED BUNDLE SET available here: http://3rd.gr/nf_text_complete
The following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards are addressed in this packet:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.5 Use text features and search tools to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.7 Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text.
Check out my blog for more information: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!