14 Nonfiction Text Feature Posters with accompanying activities: The Common Core is shifting attention to nonfiction texts. Get ready to explicitly teach young readers the features of nonfiction texts with these classroom reference posters and activities.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT:
• Background & recommendations for selecting appropriate non-fiction texts
• 14 Posters that provide text feature definitions and images
• Table of Contents
• Types of Print
• Bullet Points
• Time Line
• Non-Fiction Text Features Activity- Asks students to define text structures and why they are useful
• Fiction vs. Non-Fiction- Compare and contrast these 2 genres with a Venn Diagram.
• Memory Match Game (Concentration)- Help build fluency with the terminology by having students match images of non-fiction text structures to their name. (They can also be placed back-to-back to create flash cards.)
© Jillian Starr 2014
This product is intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.