Also included in
- Do you ever struggle with planning your small group reading lessons? With these ready to print and use reading lesson plans, you will have everything you need to teach your students all about reading nonfiction. From learning how to ask questions to understanding text features, identifying the main$21.00$30.00Save $9.00
- Are you looking for some highly engaging and fun resources to help your students learn how to identify and understand nonfiction text features? This bundle of reading resources includes reading passages, reading task cards, response activities and more that you can use to teach your nonfiction text$18.50$26.75Save $8.25
Do you ever struggle with planning your small group reading lessons? With these ready to print and use reading lesson plans, you will have everything you need to teach your students all about identifying and understanding nonfiction text features.
From lessons on knowing the different types of text features to understanding how to preview and scan the text features before you begin reading. This set of 10 small group lesson plans has everything you need for your nonfiction text features small group lessons.
You won't have to hunt for a reading passage that is aligned to the specific skill you want to teach. Each lesson includes everything you need.
This resource includes 10 different lesson plan sets that work great for small group instruction. If you have students who need additional help being able to identify, analyze, and use text features, bring them to your small group table for a quick strategy lesson.
This resource also includes a teacher guide to explain how to get the most out of your strategy group instruction! If you're new to strategy groups (or small group instruction in general) this 2 page pdf is like a mini-professional development that you can read to learn all about strategy groups!
Check out the preview to learn more about this resource.
Each lesson plan set includes the following four elements:
- Scripted Teacher Lesson Plan - The small group lesson plans provide you with the exact language you need to say to make sure your students are mastering the objective for the lesson. It also provides you with a really easy to implement lesson framework that works great for small group lessons.
- Strategy Card - Each lesson also comes with a strategy card (like a mini anchor chart). This strategy card works great as a visual support during your lesson and students can take it with them at the end of the lesson.
- Student Passage - Each passage is short (less than one full page) so it can quickly be read during a small group lesson. It is also written in a way that makes it really easy for the students to practice and apply the focus skill. You won't have to worry if the text you give your students will work for the lesson objective.
- Response Page - If you want to extend your lesson or give your students an extension assignment, you can give them the response page which includes a graphic organizer focused on the lesson objective and three comprehension questions.
- Digital Version - There is also a digital version created using Google Slides so this resource will work during both face-to-face and virtual instruction.
Table of Contents/Specific Text Focus
- Lesson #1 - Study Text Features
- Lesson #2 - Scanning Features First
- Lesson #3 - Questioning Text Features
- Lesson #4 - Words That Pop!
- Lesson #5 - Using Text Features to Locate Information
- Lesson #6 - Text Features With Numbers
- Lesson #7 - Text Features That Help Readers Visualize
- Lesson #8 - Web Features
- Lesson #9 - Creating Text Features
- Lesson #10 - Evaluating Text Features
Looking for other resources to help you teach your unit on Text Features?
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.