- These Game Show PowerPoint Games are a FUN activity for you to use to teach and for students to learn with! This game will make any skill something students are EXCITED to do! My class CHEERS when they see this game in the plans. PERFECT for review! I will continue to add any ELA Game Show I mak$63.75$49.99Save $13.76
- These Game Show PowerPoint Games are a FUN activity for you to use to teach and for students to learn with! This game will make any skill something students are EXCITED to do! My class CHEERS when they see this game in the plans. PERFECT for review! I will continue to add any Game Show I make to$187.49$129.99Save $57.50
- Text structure can be a struggle sometimes for students to grasp! These activities and games make practice fun and engaging. Perfect for test prep, review, or introduction of the skill.You get a 2 text structure PowerPoint game shows (higher and lower levels), Text Structure U-Know, Text Structure D$21.99$16.99Save $5.00
Text Structure can be FUN for you to teach and for students to learn with this highly engaging Text Structure Game Show PowerPoint activity! This game will make the skill of practicing text structure something students are EXCITED to do! My class CHEERS when they see this game in the plans. PERFECT for review!
Need a harder version with ALL PASSAGES?! Click here.
☆Put students in up to 6 groups to play this Jeopardy style game! Review days can be dull and kids just don't always put forth their best effort. But if you tell them that they will play a FUN review game to test their new knowledge, they will make sure to be listening to your every word and working hard to get the point for their team!
Features of the Game
✔ 25 Question Slides: various questions reviewing text structure in categories such as: definitions, clue words, titles, graphic organizers, and passages
✔ 25 Answer Slides: answers to the 25 question slides that link from each question to the answer.
✔ Game Board Slide: all question categories and amounts (click to go to a question and amounts will disappear as they are used)
✔ Scoreboard Slide: track points for each team with a WORKING SCOREBOARD!
✔ Buttons on EVERY SLIDE that will take you back to the game board or scoreboard.
✔ Reset Page buttons on the scoreboard and game board.
The categories and questions included are as follows:
DEFINITIONS: questions consist of definitions of the 5 types of text structure and students must state the type. (description, cause & effect, compare & contrast, problem & solution, and chronological order/sequence)
CLUE WORDS: questions consist of clue words for each type of text structure and students must state the correct type.
TITLES: questions consist of fictitious titles for books or articles and students must say which type of text structure they would be.
EXAMPLES: questions consist of examples of graphic organizers filled out and students must identify the type of text structure the information came from.
PASSAGES: questions consist of a passage for each type of text structure and students must identify the correct type.
- Versions included with this resource
- PowerPoint file WITH Macros (working gameboard and scoreboard)
- PowerPoint file WITHOUT Macros (Track your own questions used and points)
- Keynote file (Track your own questions used and points)
- Google version (Track your own questions used and points)
- Teacher's manual is included.
- This file is NOT EDITABLE.
*Check out the preview video to see how it works and the difference between each version.
☆Please, if you have any issues or problems after purchase, I have included my email to contact me so that I can help you get this FUN and ENGAGING game started in your classroom!
★Options for Use★
I play this game a little differently. I like to have all students ENGAGED and REVIEWING every question. So, I do this by having them answer every question. One team chooses the category and amount. EVERYONE answers the questions with their groups and records their answer on their whiteboards. The team, whose turn it is, show me their answer and if correct, I award them the points. If incorrect, any team that has the correct answer can go for the steal and get the points for that question. Then the next team gets to choose the category and points.
★★★You might also like:★★★
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺