Over the years...I have found that my students really enjoy reading nonfiction texts and learning about all their special features.
This is a unit that I put together...that has been fun and interesting. My kiddos are learning a lot...working as a class...in small groups...and independently.
I hope this kit proves to be beneficial to you and your classroom.
This kit includes:
* What is nonfiction lesson
* Fiction/nonfiction sort
* Nonfiction text features lesson
* Nonfiction text feature "Detectives"
* Cut and paste nonfiction text features activity
* Questioning before, during, and after reading a nonfiction text
* Questioning graphic organizer
* Types of Questions lesson
* Main idea lesson with supporting details
* More graphic organizers
* Cloud/raindrop art activity
* Writing activity lesson with graphic organizer... differentiated for struggling writers
* Also includes fun...colorful writing paper