Nonfiction Writing Unit
• In this unit students will compile research on a specific topic and create a nonfiction book.
• Students’ books include pictures, original nonfiction writing, captions, chapters, and titles. There are opportunities to include an index, glossary, dedication, and about the author pages (for more advanced students).
• This unit is extremely versatile! It can easily be adapted for a 1st grade classroom where students collect teacher-directed research in small groups or used at an upper elementary level where students compile research from multiple nonfiction sources. The books students create can also be targeted to the needs and goals at each grade level. (That’s why I love this unit – it fits in any curriculum.)
• Research topics can either be teacher-designated or student selected.
• Students can complete their research and nonfiction writing independently, in small groups, or in partnerships.
• Lesson Guides
• Student Worksheets
• Sample Book Template
• Research Cards
Let's stay in touch!
Get the inside scoop on all my store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green "Follow Me" star under my store name on this page or click the red "Follow Me" star on my store homepage.