Noni the Pony is a must-read in the classroom. This unit provides you with a huge variety of activities that will keep all students engaged and learning. There is everything from character profiles to sequencing to rhyming to craft!
There are 19 pages of activities to choose from, so there is something for all classes.
Here is what is included:
1. Character profile pages: Pages include class brainstorm, student brainstorm, character sentences, character opinions.
2. Rhyming pages: Students brainstorm words that rhyme from the story and also words to use in their rhyming sentences. There are multiple versions of the rhyming sentences pages so you can choose the best one for your class. There are also pages for the beach story.
3. Making connections: There are multiple versions of this page for students to choose something from the story that they can connect to. There are versions for both stories.
4. Sequencing: There are sequencing pages for both stories included.
5. Opinion writing: Students will choose which was their favourite book and explain their reasoning.
6. Compare and contrast: Students will compare both stories to find what is the same and what is different.
7. Craft pages: There are 2 craft pages included, one for each story. Students can scrub up crepe paper to fill in the different parts of the picture. It is an open craft activity, so you are free to change it up.
The worksheets are in QLD font.
If you like this unit, check out my other literacy units and activities in my store!