"Noni the Pony" by Alison Lester is a terrific picture book for teaching about rhyming words and for extending vocabulary. This resource includes activities to support the students' reading comprehension, including:
* rhyming words cards for games (Snap, Concentration/Memory, Fish)
* ideas for four different rhyming words games to use with the cards (including one with a twist, using Coco and Dave cards)
* Describing Noni (cut and paste)
* Labelling Non's body parts (cut and paste)
* Drawing Noni, Coco and Dave playing hide and seek
* Handwriting focus on "n" and 'p" due to directional similarities (QLD Beginners' alphabet)
* Book marks
A copy of the picture book is not included with this resource and would be required. Please note that this is an Australian picture book, so this resource is in Australian spelling only.
All resources are for personal/classroom use only and are not to be distributed further. Multiple licenses are now available at TpT for a reduced price. No sharing of this resource is permitted through email, photocopying, internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers, discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal websites.