Nonsense Word Fluency with a Competitive Edge! You know that moment when your Dibels/Aimsweb/other scores come back and horror of horrors one or more students scores at risk. Instead of sleepless nights wondering about interventions, you can start with Roll, Read, Race!
This simple, fun, and engaging task gives students who already have a mastery of phonics decoding the motivation to read with focused attention to improve their reading rate.
This resource packet focuses on reading rate of Nonsense Words.
The Packet includes:
• Common Core Alignment and Practical Objective
• 20 Colorful Roll, Read, Race! Fluency Pages
• 20 Blackline Masters of Roll, Read, Race! Fluency Pages
Interested in my other resources? Check out Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Word Study/Phonics Resource:
• Long e Word Study Packet: Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Week 1
• Long o Word Study Packet: Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Week 2
• Compound Word Study Packet: Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Week 3
• Long i Word Study Packet: Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Week 4
• Comparative Endings Word Study Packet: Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Week 5
If you like these packets, you’ll love my Reading Street 2nd Grade Unit 3 Word Study Bundle!
Did you know you can earn TPT credit toward future purchases?
• Locate the drop down menu by your login name.
• Under the heading “Buy,” click on the link titled “My Purchases.”
• Click on the link titled “Provide Feedback” located beside each of your purchases.
• Give a rating or write a comment.
Now TPT will give you credit toward future purchases! Easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy!
What’s even better is how useful your feedback is to sellers like me! Knowing what works and doesn’t work for you and your students helps me to create better products for everyone. So keep the feedback coming!
Do you love a sale? A freebie? Or to be “in the know”?
You can be the first to learn about sales, new freebies, and new product launches if you click the little green star next to my store logo. Once you become a follower you’ll begin to receive email updates about my store!
Kellie Kostrubala from The Lightbulb Lab