Yr4 – English > Understand, interpret and experiment with a range of devices and deliberate word play in poetry and other literary texts, for example nonsense words, spoonerisms, neologisms and puns.
35 pages of thinking activities and guidance notes aligned to the Australian Curriculum content descriptor ACELT1606.
(Australian Curriculum No ACELT1606)
Teaching Activities – a 35 page teaching resource providing active, fun and challenging thinking activities and guidance notes aligned to the Australian Curriculum content descriptor ACELT1606.
Activities included in this teacher resource include:
- Diamond Ranking - the complexity of writing and words
- One Word At A Time Story – nonsense
- Analysing Nonsense - what makes something nonsense?
- Reading Nonsense For Fun
- Odd Pairings – creative thinking activity
- Criteria Writing – critical thinking
- Contradictions & Oxymorons – creating nonsense of your own
- Puns – homophones, homographs
- Spoonerisms – differentiated activity
- Graphic Organisers