This resource provides helpful links and structure for student research on North America. Canada, the United States and Mexico are included.
This resource is perfect for students who need more support and guidance to do a research presentation. No prep is needed on your part!
Ten links to research sources are included.
All students have to do is click on the links to reputable research sources like the United Nations, National Geographic, and the World Health Organization.
This file contains three separate PowerPoint templates for student presentations on nations in North America: Canada, United States, and Mexico. Each template has separate slides to guide each part of students’ research on their country (history, physical geography, economics, government, and summary).
Multiple questions are included on each slide to give students ideas of what to include in their research presentation.
Examples of questions that students will see on the slides:
• (History) How would you tell the story of this country?
• (Physical geography) What kind of climate does it have?
• (Economics) What is the GDP per capita in this country?
There is also a student checklist to help students check their own work before submitting/presenting the project.
Here is what is included with each template:
• Student directions (1 slide)
• Presentation slides with prompting questions for history, physical geography, human geography, economics, government, and a summary (8 slides)
• A sources slide linking to *ten* reputable online sources for country information (1 slide)
• A student quality checklist, which prompts students to double-check the items in their presentation (and to delete the “student directions” slide when they are done to present a finished product) (1 slide)
Each country is represented with a beautiful theme photo but simple directions are included so students can change the background picture if they so choose.
You may also be interested in these other research presentation templates:
6 Countries of South America (includes Brazil, Venezuela, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guyana, and Suriname)
Southern Europe (includes Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece)
Western Europe (includes France, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg)
British Isles (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland)
Central America (includes Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama)
Nordic Countries/Scandinavia (includes Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark)
Click the green star above to stay updated on forthcoming resources!
Kristina, Forward-Thinking Curriculum