Help your students gain a deeper understanding of North American Explorers! This packet includes summaries of 16 explorers whose expeditions laid the foundation for the colonization of North America. Use these short summaries as a basis to create multiple classroom lessons. The ideas for use are endless!
A few suggestions include:
• Making a timeline sequencing each explorer’s accomplishments.
• Post the summaries on a map of North America showing the locations each visited.
• Have students develop a board game using a Map of North America as the background.
• Play a memory matching game by matching the description to the name and date.
• Use the cards as a starting point to introduce an explorer’s research project.
Explorers included are:
Robert De La Salle
Hernando De Soto
Ponce De Leon
Capt. John Smith
Francisco De Coronado
Sir Francis Drake
Samuel De Champlain
Please visit my TPT store for additional explorer’s resources. Don't forget to follow my store to receive updates of when I post additional products that you may like. Thank you for your purchase and please post a review on this product.