North Carolina state flip books are an interactive and meaningful therapy activity to teach your students all about North Carolina while addressing speech and language goals! There are 5 flipbooks included in this resource. The flipbooks include basic information about state symbols, a map where your students will highlight cities containing their target sound, famous person from North Carolina bio, North Carolina history/fun facts, and a maze with North Carolina-related speech words!
These flipbooks are primarily intended for speech/language children ages 8-12. This resource contains a flip book for each of the following phonemes: /s, r, l/. There is also a language flipbook.
In each speech flipbook:
- Title page
- State Symbols – finding target sound
- Famous Person with the targeted speech sound
- Places in North Carolina – geography & finding targets sound
- Fun Facts – finding target sound
- North Carolina History – oral reading activity
- Maze containing North Carolina speech words
In the language flipbook:
- Title page
- State Symbols – category exercise
- Famous Person Bio
- Places in North Carolina – verbal persuasion task
- Fun North Carolina Facts
- North Carolina Questions – reading comprehension task
- North Carolina Vocabulary Maze – verbal description task
“S” Flipbook: Pages 4-10
“R” Flipbook: Pages 11-17
“L” Flipbook: Pages 18-24
Language Flipbook: Pages 25-31
Open-Ended Flipbook: 32-38
Bonus: Page 39 is a full map of the U.S. with North Carolina shaded in to help students understand the geography.