The 'North Pole Holiday Design' booklet is a fantastic resource for upper primary/middle school students, as it requires collaboration, problem solving and creativity, as well as fundamental math skills such as addition and multiplication.
With the premise of designing a 7-day tour Lapland, Finland, the official home of Santa, students must work with a monitory budget, and work collaboratively to make decisions about the flights, transfers, accommodation and sight seeing they will participate in while in the 'North Pole'. Students must also work together to compose a speech that will 'sell' their tour to their classmates - peer assessment marking criteria included.
To accommodate a diverse range of teaching and learning needs, two versions of the booklet have been provided. One, with the research included so that teachers require no extra recourses, and one with the research sections blank, so that students complete their research independently.
Want a discount on your next purchase?
• After purchasing this product simply provide feedback and you can earn TpT credit!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
If you like this product you may also like:
• School Carnival Design - A group problem solving math activity
• Adventure Time Theme Park - A group problem solving math activity
• Creative Writing Bundle For Grades 2-6