This is one of my favorite new lessons because students anticipate what they will be learning and link prior knowledge to create predictions! It can be either on paper, digital through Google Classroom or a little of both!
This is a fantastic introductory and summative World of North and South Pre-Civil War America Unit Investigation lesson that has student predict what they will learn about in the era of sectionalism. Students analyze the economic, political and social cultural development of the North and South through maps, charts, primary sources, and visuals. They build on what they see to make predictions and inferences about historical content that will be learned. This Pre-Civil War North and South Investigation lesson can be teacher directed via PowerPoint or student directed with printable resources and/or stations.
Here’s what you get:
1. Teacher Instructions with timing and prep information.
2. An interactive PowerPoint visuals based on the Key Concept for Social Science. The lesson also includes a key concept review page.
3. An introductory lesson graphic organizer that has students analyze what they see, describe it and make predictions about future learning.
4. A great summative informal assessment that has students review their predictions and evaluate if they were correct, while adding more detail about what they have learned.
5. A printable PDF stations, individual or group investigation that is completely student centered!
6. A Google Drive ready lesson with premade textboxes!
at these related products available at DISCOUNTED
⭐Worlds of North and South Bundle
⭐US History Year in Curriculum Mega Bundle
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.