The Northeast U.S. – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: A SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (For example - After matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (glacier, bay, fuel, fall line, and tourist).
• Mid-Atlantic and New England states
• Appalachian Mountains
• Glaciers and the formation of the Great Lakes
• Bays and forests (how forest resources were used)
• Broadleaf and evergreen trees
• Smaller mountain ranges of the Northeast and fall lines (Niagara Falls)
• Water resources and hydroelectric plants
• Climate of the Northeast and Nor’easters
The last 2 slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity 1 has students identify Northeast terminology through a matching activity. The vocabulary includes (bay, glacier, Appalachian Mountains, evergreen, hydroelectric dam, broadleaf, New England states, fuel, Mid-Atlantic states, fall line, and tourist).
• Activity 2 has students identifying the parts of a hydroelectric plant. Included terminology (reservoir, dam, intake, control gate, penstock, turbine, generator, transformer, powerhouse, power lines, and outflow).