This printable has a 1 page science lesson about the northern lights (aurora). The 2nd page has simple instructions on how to make a beautiful northern lights art project using watercolors and black construction paper.
The lesson covers the following topics:
* The earth's geographic and magnetic poles
* What causes the aurora borealis
* Places you might see northern lights
* What aurora are called in the Southern Hemisphere
* What causes the colors in the northern lights
The art activity gives stunning results, even for the least capable artist. It's easy to do and very pretty!
Mix a bit of science and art together with this northern lights art project / painting / lesson!