Extend word learning with this freebie paper! This particular format can be used in many ways for students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Teachers will find the two versions (five word and ten) lend themselves to word making activities and/or word focus during reading:
- They help students practice writing the words they make with magnetic letters, tiles, or while playing games.
- They prompt students to read word wall, word family, spelling, or vocabulary words three times after writing them.
- They help students reflect on the "harder" words on their list, marking them with an asterisk.
- They help Kindergartners practice drawing an asterisk using four lines- the Ks love being able to use a "big kid" grammatical symbol.
- They provide written records so teachers, parents, and students know what words were worked on.
- They are handy to have available so students can write down unknown words or unfamiliar vocabulary words from their reading.
- And teachers can write words on the lists before copying to differentiate for students.
Each version comes with three borders for a little variety. There is a prompt on both so kids remember to read the words multiple times. The ten word list gives a prompt and space to identify and reflect on more difficult "challenge" words.
Thanks for grabbing this freebie! Please remember to leave comments! Find more from Kathleen Wright at www.KidpeopleClassroom.com