THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
MORE MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITIONS!
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank Remembered
* Farewell to Manzanar
*The Hunger Games
* The Light in the Forest
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders
* The Pearl
* The Summer of the Swans
* Walk Two Moons
Here are my fun and challenging products over NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH edition—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Fun!
The 22 words in this crossword are the same ones in the Words to Know list of my
* NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH edition of Bookmarks Plus. Use both products to meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH: Characters’ Names Word Search with Hidden Message! Students find 22 last names of characters in the grid to reveal the hidden message: Of Thee I Sing.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!