Also included in
- Everything you need to teach about Christmas celebrations in Spain, Latin America and Latino/Spanish Speaking Communities in the United States! Topics discussed in this bundle are: Black Friday, Christmas, Winter, Three Kings Day and more.______Estas actividades se relacionan a los siguientes temas$18.95$37.00Save $18.05
2 Movie Guides. 1 completely in English and 1 completely in Spanish. 22 Movie Guide Questions in chronological order that include questions to answer during the movie, and reflection/analysis questions that can also serve as discussion questions after the movie. This film highlights the importance themes of Family, Traditions, Latinos, La parranda, Bochinche, Going against tradition, New York, Puerto Rico, Empanadas, Coquito, Humboldt Park Chicago, and more.. Rated PG-13 and perfect for any classroom! Includes Answer Key.
*There is also a cultural comparison activity on how their Christmas compares to those of this Puerto Rican family. Other Mexican and Dominican characters appeared, but the film is centered on a Puerto Rican family living in Chicago.
2 guías de películas. 1 completamente en inglés y 1 completamente en español. 22 preguntas en orden cronológico que incluyen preguntas para responder durante la película y preguntas de reflexión / análisis que también pueden servir como preguntas de discusión después de la película. Esta película destaca los temas importantes de Familia, Tradiciones, Latinos, La parranda, Bochinche, Ir contra la tradición, Nueva York, Puerto Rico, Empanadas, Coquito, Humboldt Park Chicago y más ... ¡Calificación PG-13 y perfecta para cualquier salón de clases! Incluye clave de respuestas.
* También hay una actividad de comparación cultural sobre cómo se compara la Navidad del alumno o del aula con la de esta familia puertorriqueña. Aparecieron otros personajes mexicanos y dominicanos, pero la película se centra en una familia puertorriqueña que vive en Chicago.
Se relaciona a los temas de AP Spanish Language and Culture:
Las familias y las comunidades
- contexto 1 Las comunidades educativas
- contexto 2 Las redes sociales
- contexto 3 La geografía humana
- contexto 4 Las tradiciones y los valores
- contexto 5 La ciudadanía global
- contexto 6 La estructura de la familia
Families and Communities
- context 1 Educational communities
- context 2 Social networks
- context 3 The human geography
- context 4 Traditions and values
- context 5 Global citizenship
- context 6 The family structure
Also coincides with the AP theme of Contemporary life
Context 2 Entertainment and fun
Context 3 Travel and leisure
Context 4 Personal relationships
context 5 Lifestyles
context 6 Traditions and social values
También coincide con el tema de AP La vida contemporánea
- Contexto 2 El entretenimiento y la diversión
- Contexto 3 Los viajes y el ocio
- Contexto 4 Las relaciones personales
- contexto 5 Los estilos de vida
- contexto 6 Las tradiciones y los valores sociales
ABOUT THE FILM:
Freddy Rodriguez, John Leguizamo, Debra Messing, Alfred Molina, and Elizabeth Peña star in Washington Heights director Alfredo de Villa's earnest family drama about the importance of familial relationships in times of personal crisis. The snow is falling and Christmas has come to Chicago. For the Rodriguez family, there is particular cause to celebrate this year; youngest sibling Jesse (Rodriguez) has recently returned home safe and sound after fighting in the war overseas. But as the members of the Rodriguez family converge on their parent's home, there's a strange sense of tension lingering heavy in the cool winter air. Despite the fact that Jesse is doing his best to get back in the good graces of his old flame, she seems reluctant to forgive him for leaving in the first place. Meanwhile, his older sister, Roxanna, has little to show for time spent chasing her Hollywood dreams, and eldest brother Mauricio (Leguizamo) is married to a high-strung executive who seems more interested in advancing her career than starting a family. But while none of this sits too well with concerned mother Anna (Peña), the bombshell she's about to drop could prove the straw that broke this family's back. When Anna announces to her children that she is planning to divorce their father, Eduardo (Molina), Roxanna, Jesse, and Mauricio instinctively pull together and begin to reevaluate their past while looking at the future in a whole new light. Later, as lingering resentments are let go and weakened bonds are reaffirmed, the Rodriquez family begins to experience the healing power of laughter while discovering that together as a family they are far stronger than they ever could be apart. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
- Rating: PG-13 (No sexual scenes!)
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Directed By: Alfredo De Villa
- Written By: Alison Swann, Rick Najera, Alison Swan, Ted Perkins
- In Theaters: Nov 8, 2008 Wide
- On Disc/Streaming: Oct 27, 2009
- Box Office: $7,478,384
- Runtime: 98 minutes
- Studio: Overture
- Language: English (80% / 10% Spanish) includes English & Spanish subtitles.
Buy it on Amazon Prime:
Or stream it on Amazon Video or Itunes!
January 6, 2015
Format: DVD Verified Purchase
This is the best Christmas Movie for the Holidays. If you are either old school, Hispanic, In a interracial relationship with a Hispanic among so many other things...You will crack up right along with this movie as if you have lived through some of the craziness/real life stuff that happens in this movie. You can also relate to having your own life and then going back home to visit family or even deciding to stay home again and feeling that anxiety of 'the past is the past' feeling and maybe wanting to stay yet at the same time you 'can't wait to get back home' as well. What's good is the movie does end and you are back in your own life...and if you want you can play the movie again and again to take you back. lol.
November 13, 2018
Format: Prime Video Verified Purchase
Growing up Boricua this has become one of my favorite holiday movies . I can relate to every part of this movie and it's great to see the culture represented.