During any reading unit, teach your students the close reading strategy, created by Kylene Beers and Robert E. Probst, of Noticing and Noting several signposts throughout the text.
Reinforce student learning by providing them with a bookmark to track signposts in a whole class novel, alongside short stories, book club discussions, or in independent choice reading. The colors correspond to common sticky note colors, so students can add sticky notes right into a copy of the book to match the signposts as they analyze the text.
When I use these bookmarks, I usually laminate them and have students write their names on them with Sharpies. They typically last all year long with a few back-ups for lost bookmarks :)
For more great resources, make sure you visit my store: Mrs. Conrad Loves Commas and check out resources like the following:
- Seasonal and Holiday-Themed Sonnet-Writing Template Bundle
- Book Clubs / Literature Circles on Character (EDITABLE)
- Parts of Speech & Sentence Structure Escape Room
- Bookmatch Reading Activity & Lesson
- Holocaust Book Club Unit (Reading, Writing, and Research) (EDITABLE)
To receive credits toward future TPT purchases, make sure you leave a COMMENT on my product(s) after purchase.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! I'd love to hear from you!
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @mrsconradlovescommas