This PowerPoint can be used to teach students each of the six signposts. The PowerPoint begins with a brief review of the signposts and then delves into each of the six following this format:
- an introduction slide of the signposts with a link to a video explaining the signposts
- a review of what to look for, what to do when a signpost is noticed, the anchor question, and what literary element the signpost helps students understand
- clues to the signpost and anchor question
- link to a video that student can watch and then determine which signpost is present to practice identify and then discussing the anchor question
- a suggested picture book to use for the purpose of identifying the signpost in actual text
There are six lessons within this PowerPoint following the aforementioned format. For a more brief and concise PowerPoint on the signposts please see my other item posted in my shop.