Notice and Wonder Introduction | Math Discourse Activity | Math Warm Up
Also included in
- Whether it's starting the new school year in August or the new semester in January. These 6 activities will help you create (or reset) a classroom culture where all students feel safe to make mistakes and persevere in secondary mathematics.Make sure you download the bonus resource to gain access toPrice $19.50Original Price $27.00Save $7.50
Want more math discourse in your secondary classroom? The “know and wonder” activity structure is a great way to get your students talking in math class. This INTRO to Know and Wonder is the perfect way to introduce the structure to your students without mathematics (so they don’t get too overwhelmed learning the structure and math at the same time). Once your students get used to the structure with these 5 image sets, you can bring in the math content like word problems and graphs! Check out the other math content “Know and Wonder” activities in my shop.
**This is a non-math introduction to the activity structure**
Purchasing this resource will give you access to a PDF that includes:
- 20 slide presentation slide deck. Each of 5 “sets” has 3 slides to present to students: think/write slide, then activity slides.
- 5 different image sets that are not about math and appropriate for secondary students
This resource can be used as:
- An introduction to the “know and wonder” math discourse activity
- 5-10 minute warm up activity to engage all students
- First week activity for middle school or high school
- Classroom culture activity
- Virtual classroom culture builder
This resource will help students:
- Become familiar with the “know and wonder” activity structure without mathematics so that the math content can be added in later. This will help not overwhelm our students with learning differences in math by teaching them the activity structure first, and adding the mathematics in later.