The Noun Town activity is a fun way for children to discover or review nouns, perhaps before a vacation or at the end of the year.
Students place images of people, animals, places, and things onto a blank map. The concrete nature of the activity helps youngsters to solidify their understanding of what nouns are.
• Town maps (color and black and white)
• Noun Images (colr and black and white)
• Noun Words
• Sorting Maps and Word Cards (3 levels)
• Bulletin board graphics
• Finding Nouns in Sentences worksheets (3 levels)
• Teaching Tips, including differentiation suggestions
• Answer keys
• Concrete reinforcement of noun concept
• Decoding practice
• Expansion of sight vocabulary
• Fun, learning-in-disguise activity
• Opportunities for differentiation
For a large or small group activity, students can place the provided images on the enlarged map. Or they can draw their own nouns on one of the individual versions of the town map. There are many ways to adapt this activity to your goals and the needs of your students.
This activity has been a great success with my students!
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
Grammar and Usage
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store Many Roads to Reading
, or by email