PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Now the popular Noun Town: K-2 is available for the four seasons. This is the summer version.
In this fun, learning-in-disguise activity students match summer images to words and place them onto a map. This is a wonderful way to introduce nouns and explore the summer season at the same time. The concrete nature of the activity helps youngsters understand what nouns are.
• summer noun images in 2 sizes, in color and b&w
• summer noun words – to match to images
• sorting mats (people, places, things categories)
• summer noun word cards – for sorting
• bulletin board graphics
• ideas for differentiation, including focusing on different themes
• concrete reinforcement of noun concepts
• decoding practice
• expansion of sight vocabulary
• fun, learning-in-disguise activity
• opportunities for differentiation
• bulletin board elements for fun and support
• exploring the summer season
• following directions opportunities
• can be used repeatedly and modified in many ways
Adapt your use of this activity according to your students’ needs, the curriculum, or summer theme you wish to focus on. Use over and over!
The Noun Town family of hands-on grammar resources consists of:
Or simply check out the Noun Town Resources custom category.
Check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases:
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!