Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. This Working Words packet is aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about nouns and noun usage. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of Nouns with examples and teaching tips
2. Two introduction activities: Person, Place, Thing and Common/Proper Nouns
3. A poster to help students remember about nouns when reading and writing
4. Two original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Let's Bake a Cake" to introduce and practice noun usage
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners or small groups
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila