This game is best played with 2 players. If you have struggling students they could team up. The game is played exactly like connect four only students have to match the Part of Speech on the board with the word on their cards. Each student will have different colored cards. The first student to get four of their cards in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) is the winner.
- Game Board #1 Parts of Speech (Nouns and Verbs) Page 2
o Set 1 Player cards Page 3-4 (Color) Page 5-6 (Black and White)
- Game Board #2 Parts of Speech (Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives) Page 7
o Set 1 Player cards Page 8-9 (Color) Page 10-11 (Black and White)
-Print out game board.
-Then there are a few ways to print cards.
- You could print the color version, or print the black and white version on different colored paper (one color for each player).
- You could also print the black and white version on white paper and outline or color the cards two different colors.
- If you don’t have time to color and can’t print on different colored paper the cards are labeled player 1 and player 2 the students would just have to sort the cards. It is just quicker if they are printed on different colors.