This product includes activities to reinforce the learning of nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
1. Chevron Noun Posters with Kid Friendly Definitions
(Noun, Common Noun, Proper Noun)
2. Create Your Own Noun Posters: (4 Pages)
Students will work in groups and be given a piece of paper with a title of a noun category. As a group the students will come up with nouns that fit their category or they can even cut and glue magazine pictures.
3. Cut and Paste Pages (2 pages)
- Is it a noun or not a noun?
- Is it a common or proper noun?
4. Coloring Nouns
-Students will color the nouns in the picture by using the color code provided. People will be red, places will be blue, things and animals will be green
-Students will color the gumballs in the machine in order to identify them as common or proper nouns
6. I Spy Pages (2 pages)
- Students will be detectives and look for the nouns in the sentences.
- Students will be detectives and look for the proper nouns in the sentences.
* Students will then be asked to write their own nouns/proper nouns
7. Let's Be Proper!
- Students will be given a common noun and write a proper noun for that noun.
8. Let's Go On a Noun Hunt!
- Students will go on a noun hunt around the classroom and or school and identify nouns that they find.
9. Chevron Adjective Poster
10. Create Your Own Adjective Poster
Students will work in groups to create a poster of adjectives. They can also be given magazines to cut out and glue adjectives.
11. Cut and Paste: Is it an adjective or not an adjective?
12. I SPY Adjectives
- Students will read sentences and identify the adjectives by highlighting them.
13. Describe That Noun (2 pages)
- Students will come up with 4 adjectives to describe the cupcake or object they select.
14. Write About It (2 pages)
- Students will use their adjective web and write 4 sentences about the cupcake and or selected object.
15. Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
- Students will write a story about their selected object. They will include at least 4 adjectives in their story.
16. Adjectives Describing Me!
- Students will draw or glue a picture of themselves in the space provided. Around their drawing they will write adjectives describing them. Students can also have their classmates add adjectives about them.
17. Cut and Paste: Is It An Adjective Or Noun?
18. Which One Is It?
- Students will read a sentence and identify the underlined word as either an adjective or noun.
19. Fill In The Blanks. (MadLib Style)
- Students will be given sentences with blanks in them. They will fill the blanks with a noun or adjective.
20. Noun & Adjectives Spin & Color
- Students will use a pencil and paperclip to spin the spinner.
They will then color a gumball that matches their spin.
21. Verb Anchor Chart
22. Create your own Verb anchor chart for students
23. Verb or not a verb word sort
24. Let's get movin! - Students will spin the spinner using a paperclip and pencil. If they land on a verb they will use the verb in a sentence and ACT it out.
25. I SPY Verbs - students will highlight the verbs in the sentence
26. Fill in the blanks. - Madlibs with verbs
Noun, Verbs, and Adjectives
27. Adjective, Verb, Noun Word Sort
28. Fill in the blanks (Madlibs)
29. Color Craze - Color the verbs, adjectives, and nouns
30. Which one is it? Identify the underlined word as an adjective, verb, or noun
31. Identify and Underline it - Students will use assigned crayon colors to underline the adj, verbs, and nouns in the sentences.
***************************************************************************** Customer Tips:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: • Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺