This is a simple yet effective activity that will get your students moving around and speaking French. It is great for French 1 students. It's compatible with the material taught in Discovering French Bleu, unit 2 on food, drinks, ordering food in a restaurant, inquiring about the price.
Students will practice the following vocabulary:
- avoir faim, avoir soif
- tu aimes/j'aime/je n'aime pas + food & drinks
- tu veux/je veux/je ne veux pas + food & drinks
- qu'est-ce que tu veux?
- tu veux manger/boire?
- qu'est-ce que tu veux manger/boire?
- combien coûte + food & drink?
- ça fait combien?
It is inspired by the Kagan's Quiz Quiz Trade cooperative learning activity (also known as task cards).
Each card contains a question using the vocabulary above. The correct answer is written on the back of the card.
Front of the card: "Tu aimes les pommes?"
Back of the card "Oui, j'aime les pommes. Non, je n'aime pas les pommes."
There are 32 different cards.
1. Print as many cards as there are students in your class so that each student gets at least one card.
2. Cut the cards and laminate them for durability.
3. Distribute one card per student.
4. Students have to get up, pair up with another student, complete the task of the card (answer the question), exchange cards with their partner, pair up with another student and repeat the activity again as many times as you see it fit.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Leaving feedback will earn your TpT store credit that you will be able to use for future purchases. Merci beaucoup!
Credit for the task card template goes to Alina V Design from Teachers TpT store.