Novel Study - Generic Novel Study Questions - Advanced Level
Grades: 4, 5, 6, and 7
My goal as a teacher has always been to create educational resources that inspire students to get excited about learning.
There are no set rules when it comes to teaching a Novel Study to students. Teachers can read a novel to their class, teachers can let the students choose their own novels, or teachers may have another strategy to incorporate a Novel Study into their program.
This product is great for teachers that are looking for generic novel study questions that can be used with any novel. The questions range from easy questions to more difficult questions.
1) Question: Compare the setting with your own neighbourhood. Describe how the neighbourhoods are the same and how they are different.
2) Question: What was the conflict in the novel? How was the conflict resolved?
Novel studies provide wonderful opportunities to work one-on-one with your students to improve their reading skills, reading comprehension skills, and writing skills.
Contents: (7 Pages)
The questions in this product focus on the following topics:
2) Main Idea
6) Three Major Events in the Novel
7) Compare/Contrast one Character to a person you know...
8) Conflict/Conflict Resolution
9) Character: a) Choose a character. b) Describe the character’s feelings in the beginning, middle, and end of the story. c) Explain what happened to the character to make him/her feel that way.
11) What did you learn in the novel that you can use in your everyday life?
12) Novel: Real or Make-Believe
13) Evaluation of the Book
Reading Skills: decoding, expression, fluency, word recognition
Writing Skills: writing, punctuation, and spelling.
Reading Comprehension Skills: attending, analysing, associating, contextual clues, critical thinking, inferring, predicting, and sequencing.
All rights reserved. This product is licensed for one teacher or one classroom. If you would like to share this resource with another teacher, please purchase an additional license.
Sharing, redistributing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is prohibited without prior permission from the author and is a violation of the Copyright Act.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org