Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Save time and money with this bundle of 6 of my top-selling novel study packets!
* by Andrew Clements Updated 2020
* by Kate DiCamillo Updated 2020
*by Louis Sachar Updated 2020
*by E.B. White Updated 2020
* by Lois Lowry Updated 2020
*by Gertrude Chandler Warner Updated 2020
These novel studies are comprehensive - they include EVERYTHING YOU NEED to teach the books! Simplify your lesson planning with this print-and-go unit.
UPDATE: This download now includes DIGITAL versions your students can complete online through Google classroom.
These pages were created to guide your students through the novels, hold them accountable for their reading, and assess their comprehension through a number of fun and challenging activities.
These resources can be used as a whole-class novel study, small group reading groups, or an individual project. You can pick and choose the activities you’d like to use or print out the entire packets for your students to complete. Download the preview for the table of contents and the standards covered through these activities.
These novel studies are written in a similar format, so your students know what to expect. This makes it easier for you to assign and grade novel studies throughout the year, and/or when doing literature circles.
Each novel study includes:
- A novel study cover page
- Tracking My Progress (student accountability sheet)
- Chapter Activities (one-page comprehension activities for every chapter)
- Dictionary Detective (vocabulary activity: 4 words per chapter)
- K-W-L Charts
- Keeping the Characters Straight (character matching quiz)
- Reading Comprehension Final Test (15-question multiple choice test covering the entire book)
- Chapter Summary graphic organizer (a blank template that can be filled out for any chapter)
- Character Profiles (asks the reader to list physical and character traits and similarities/differences between the character and the reader)
- Journal Entries (three-five writing prompts that ask the student to write from the perspective of one or more of the characters)
- Letter Writing (two letter writing prompts: one to recommend the book to a friend and one to a teacher/friend the reader appreciates)
- 3-5 Supplemental extension activities
- Interactive Notebook foldables (complete student directions are included for each)
- Suggested answers keys (for all applicable activities)
DIGITAL ACTIVITIES: Many of these activities are also available in a DIGITAL format if you would like your students to complete the assignments and submit via Google classroom.
Your students can type their answers in the activities provided in the Google Slides presentation. I have also included a self-grading multiple choice reading comprehension test your students can take after reading the book.
The link to the digital activities is included in each novel study download.
Resource created by: Jessica Lawler
Visit my website: Joy in the Journey
If there is a novel you'd like to see a novel study created for and included in this bundle, please e-mail me at email@example.com