Novel Study - Middle + High School Novel Unit for Interactive Notebooks
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These units for Interactive Notebooks create a whole year of Secondary ELA lessons. Your students will create organized reference tools to show their learning, all while maintaining creativity and choice. These lessons, activities, and assessments are perfect for grades 7-10.Key takeaways of this fuPrice $47.99Original Price $108.80Save $60.81
Looking for new ideas for your novel study? These Interactive Notebook spreads organize your novel unit for any book. You’ll get ideas for analyzing elements of literature and much more! These lessons, activities, and assessments are perfect for grades 7-10.
✅ Introduction to the Elements of Literature
✅ Analyzing literature mini-lessons
✅ Easy organization and assessment
Use this resource as you read any novel!
You’ll notice these interactive notebooks are suited to late middle and high school in a whole new way. You’ll get some foldables, but your students won’t spend the whole novel unit cutting and gluing. Instead, each spread is designed for a gradual release of responsibility:
- IN (Bell Ringer)
- THROUGH (Teacher Input/Guided Classwork)
- OUT (Exit/Independent Practice/Homework)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I loved how everything was organized and the rubrics gave me a great starting place for adapting to my own. Thanks for all of your hard work on this novel study.” -Nicole N.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love the way your materials are organized for interactive notebooks. Everything is clear, and I am getting stellar results from my students! Fantastic resources!” -Rachel B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Love this! The powerpoints are really helpful and the breakdown is clear with examples that my students relate to.” -Alicia V.
- Detailed templates and advice for four spread types
- Editable Unit Calendar (for you) and Unit Overview (for students)
- Constructed Response templates and handouts
- Holistic and analytic rubrics
- Set-Up PPT for ISNs
- Six ready-to-use lessons for any novel study:
- Plot Review and Literary Devices Vocabulary Activities
- Literary Quote Analysis
- Analyzing Satire Lesson & Essay
- Character Analysis Lesson & Essay
- Context Clues PPT
- Create Your Own Reading Guide project
Did you know that you can towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA