Novel Study Pre-Reading Activity and Questions
Introduce your next novel with a pre-reading activity! This PRINTABLE and DIGITAL lesson can be completed independently or in small groups, and it works with ANY novel! Students are guided through five different aspects of the text before reading the first page! Printable PDF and Google Drive versions are included.
This resource can be completed on paper or online with laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, or any device that supports Google Slides. The included Teacher's Guide includes access to the link that will allow you to make your own copy of the resource for use in Google Classroom/Google Drive.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
♥ My students and I LOVE these!!
♥ Awesome way to engage students!
♥ This is such an awesome resource! Just print and use! So easy! Thanks!
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
- Printable Pre-Reading Station/Rotation Posters
- Printable Pre-Reading Task Cards
- Student Response Pages
- Digital Pre-Reading Worksheets
IDEAS FOR USING THIS RESOURCE:
- : In order to make this activity collaborative, place students in groups and have them rotate through the five pre-reading stations, reflecting on a different aspect of the text at each station. The included black/white and color pre-reading station posters can be displayed on a computer/iPad or multiple copies of each page can be placed at the individual stations. Students will need access to copies of the text at each station.
- The pre-reading activity can be completed independently using the digital version or the included pre-reading task cards. If projecting the pre-reading questions for all students to view as a class is an option, students can respond to the prompts on their own paper.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOUR NOVEL STUDY:
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus