Use these alternative assessment task cards when reviewing for or testing students over any literary work including novels and short story units. The task cards contain five different prompts that ask students to think critically about and analyze characters, themes, symbols, plot parts, conflicts, and motifs.
The five prompts ask students to do the following:
1) create 10 menu items related to characters
2) create 10 theme park attractions related to themes
3) create 10 toys related to plot parts
4) create 10 clothing items related to themes, symbols and motifs
5) assign and explain 10 superlatives for characters
Each card asks students to justify their responses with evidence from the text.
Cards are printed four to a page in color and black and white for easy printing and cutting.
Your .zip file contains the following .pdfs (which cannot be edited):
1) cover page
2) instructions and suggested uses page
3) task cards (5 pages of color prompts and 5 pages of black and white prompts)
4) optional answer sheets (10 total pages -- 2 per prompt)
★★★ You may also be interested in ★ ★ ★
ELA Exit Slips
Thematic Short Story Unit
Huck Finn Activities
Red Badge of Courage Flip Book
Great Gatsby Scored Discussions