Do you have questions about this resource? Message me instantly by clicking HERE!
Please note: The materials in this resource are the same ones included in the LK Teacher Club Membership. If you are a member of the club, please do not purchase these. Thank you!
In this packet, you will find:
Reading Strategies and Skills:
- Non-Fiction Turkey Printable Book
- True/False Non-fiction Turkey Sorting Cards and Sorting Mat
- Turkey K-W-L
- Turkey Can/Have/Are
- Turkey Facts Organizer
- Turkey Reading Response Comprehension Sheet
- Thanksgiving craft templates and writing activity ("I'm Stuffed with Thankful Thoughts!")
- Feasting Over Books (Book Review Sheet)
- graphic organizers for fiction texts (problem/solution, beginning, middle, end)
- Can You Guess Who? ( Students use the clues from the text to figure out the mystery character, day, or animal)
Work On Writing/Writing Activities:
- Thanksgiving Writing Prompts and Journal Pages
- Draw and Write (draw a Thanksgiving scene and write about it)
- At Our Thanksgiving Feast (a five senses mini-book)
- "Pilgrammar Sentences" (students read a sentence with incorrect punctuation and re-write it the correct way)
- Feasting On Words (word building with the words "Thanksgiving, "thankful," "pilgrim" and "turkey")
- Write the Room (students locate objects around the room that have the beginning letter like the ones in the words: pilgrim, thankful, and turkey)
- math centers that focus on conducting surveys, addition and subtraction, and word problems
- Turkey Trot Math Hunt
- Tasty Bingo (addition and subtraction)
Your students will have a blast writing what they are thankful for after completing a "stuffed turkey" craft. They'll also love working hard at literacy and math centers. These activities will surely put everyone in the Thanksgiving mood!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me before purchasing! Thank you.
Want access to a library of free resources for K-2 students? Join the free VIP Resource Library here!
Come join my private group to connect and collaborate with other primary teachers! Join here!