These emergent readers are perfect for the month of November! Included in this resource are the following texts in both color and black and white:
1) Veterans (a simple text introducing the different armed forces -army, marines, navy, air force, coast guard)
2) Brown turkey, Brown turkey (a thanksgiving adaptation of Brown Bear, Brown Bear -brown turkey, red apple, yellow corn, purple feather, gray pilgrim mouse, orange pumpkin, smiling pilgrims)
3) The Thanksgiving Feast (using "Look at the ____" pattern -corn, cranberries, mashed potatoes, turkey, pumpkin pie
4) Thanksgiving Food (using "I like to eat _________ on Thanksgiving. Do you?" pattern)
5) Thankful for (using "I am thankful for _______" pattern) Students complete sentence on each page by illustrating what they are thankful and using their phonetic spelling to complete the sentence on each page.
Check out my free Halloween emergent readers to see if you will like this resource!
Graphics and fonts by djinkers, creativeclips, whimsyclips, and kgfonts