November Literacy and Math for Kindergarten and First Grade is a mega-pack full of 30+ November-themed math and literacy centers and activities
! Lots of ready to use ideas with Pilgrims, Indians, pumpkins, colorful leaves, and other seasonal favorites
These activities are appropriate primarily for First Grade
but will also work with Kindergarten and Second Grade
depending on the ability levels of the students.
The design is clean and uncluttered to help students focus on the learning activity at hand.
Student pages are included in both color and black/white.
The 84-page packet includes a wide variety to last for weeks
. Here is what is included.
Thanksgiving Fact or Opinion Center
– Students will read the sentence on each card and determine if it is fact or opinion. They will write the sentence under “Fact” or “Opinion” on their recording sheet.
My Thanksgiving Celebration Mini-Book
– Students will write words to complete the sentences about how they celebrate Thanksgiving. They will then illustrate each page.
Thanksgiving Write the Room
– Students will complete two write the room sheets. First, Thanksgiving words A-L and M-Z. Second, write words with 1, 2, 3 and 4+ syllables.
– Students will unscramble the sentences and then write them down.
Thanksgiving ABC Order
– Students will put two sets of four words each in ABC order.
Thanksgiving I Have Who Has
– Students will participate in a game of “I have, who has” using the 32 illustrated cards.
How to Make a Turkey
- Students will provide the instructions for how to make a turkey. There are two versions available. One could require only drawing or an illustration with words. The second is for writing instructions.
A Story Map
– Students will complete a graphic organizer with title, author, characters, setting, beginning, middle and end.
A Story Web
– Students will complete a graphic organizer with title and author, main characters, setting, problem and solution.
– Students will identify the beginning, middle, end and their favorite part.
– Students will identify the beginning, middle, end and their favorite character.
I Am Thankful For Acrostic
– Students will record what they are thankful for, one word for each letter in “Thanksgiving Day.”
First Thanksgiving and My Thanksgiving Venn Diagram
– Students will compare and contrast their Thanksgiving with the First Thanksgiving.
Pilgrims and Indians/Native Americans Venn Diagrams
– Students will compare and contrast the Pilgrims and Indians or Native Americans using one of the two Venn diagrams provided.
How Many Words?
– Students will write as many words as they can by using the letters in “Happy Thanksgiving.”
Thanksgiving Writing Papers
– Students will write using any of these three cute themed papers.
Thanksgiving Tally Fun Center
– Students will count the objects on the card. They will then write their answer in tally marks on their recording sheet.
Fraction Sort Activity
– Students will cut out squares with various pictured fractions (1/4, 1/2, 1/3, and 1/5). They will then glue them onto their response sheet in the correct section.
Odd or Even?
– Students will determine if the number is odd or even and circle the appropriate word (1-100).
– Students will write in correct order a group of 3 or 4 numbers (1-100).
Fill in the Missing Number
– Students will fill in the correct number(s) in a series of five numbers (1-100).
Make the Match
– Students will draw a line connecting the number with the word (zero through one hundred, by tens).
Counting By Twos
– Students will fill in missing numbers, counting by 2’s from 2 to 30.
Counting By Fives
- Students will fill in the missing numbers, counting by 5’s from 5 to 100.
Counting By Tens
– Students will fill in the missing numbers, counting by 10’s from 10 to 100.
Circle the Least Number
- Students will circle the number that is the least from a group of four numbers (1-100).
Circle the Greatest Number
– Students will circle the number that is the greatest from a group of four numbers (1-100).
– Students will cut out rectangles with math addition facts and glue them onto the correct answer column. There are two different addition pages with answers 4-7 and 8-9.
– Students will cut out rectangles with math subtraction facts and glue them onto the correct answer column. There are two different subtraction pages with answers 2-4 and 5-8.
Word Wall Cards and Extra Fun
– Two versions (horizontal and vertical) to assess and track student understanding of Thanksgiving.
– Two versions (horizontal and vertical) to assess and track student understanding of Pilgrims.
First Thanksgiving KWL
– Two versions (horizontal and vertical) to assess and track student understanding of the First Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Word Search
– Students will look for twelve Thanksgiving words. (No backwards or diagonal words.)
A Class Thanksgiving Quilt
– Class will make a Thanksgiving quilt out of copied quilt squares. They can be “stitched” together and displayed on a wall or bulletin board.
Word Wall Cards
– Fry’s First 100 Words to display
Word Wall Cards
– 42 Thanksgiving Words to display
Don't miss my other November and Thanksgiving products!
November Literacy and Math Pack
Thanksgiving Fun Fact Cards
Thanksgiving - Copywork – Print – Handwriting
Thanksgiving - Copywork – Cursive – Handwriting
Thanksgiving – Copywork – Print and Cursive – Handwriting
Thanksgiving - I Have, Who Has
Thanksgiving, November and Veterans Day BUNDLE
Thanksgiving Fact or Opinion Activity
Pilgrims - Sentence Scramble
November Writing Prompts Task Cards - Football, Turkeys, Thanksgiving
First Thanksgiving KWL