This packet is a fun way for your students to practice phonemic awareness and letter recognition skills during the month of November. There are 5 activities included in this pack.
1. Nuts about rhyme. Students will draw a rhyme picture card and say a word that rhymes. For differentiation, there is also a recording sheet so students can write the rhyming word
2. Turkey beginning sounds. Students will draw a picture card and name the beginning sound. They will color or dot the letter that makes that sound on their chart. The first player to fill in their chart wins the game.
3. Letter Hunt. Place the letter or sight word cards around the room. Students will search for all of the uppercase letters, lowercase letters, or sight words and record them on a recording sheet.
4. Letter Match. Students will match uppercase and lowercase letters. These letter cards can also be used for letter and sound identification.
5. Easy as Pie. Students will draw a picture card. They will say the word and segment the individual phonemes. Then they will blend the sounds back together to say the word.