Also included in
- This BIG bundle of ELA sub plans for 3rd and 4th grade will last you the entire year! Your students will LOVE these activities, and you will rest easy knowing that your students are completing meaningful ELA activities with the substitute while you are away. They are perfect for emergency sub plans!$52.50$66.00Save $13.50
- These November sub plans for 3rd grade and 4th grade are perfect for Thanksgiving! Your students will love these activities and you can rest easy knowing they are busy with meaningful math activities while you are away. Themes in the activities and lessons include: Thanksgiving, turkeys, corn, pie,$10.80$12.00Save $1.20
- Want to get all of the monthly math & ELA sub plan sets at a steal of a deal? You'll get instant access to all of the sets! To see more about each set, view the listings below.TAKE A PEEK AT WHAT’S INCLUDED IN EACH SET OF ELA SUB PLANS!The Binder Cover & Spines will make your binder look spi$92.00$132.00Save $40.00
- Get your sub tub ready for your ELA classroom with the Kindergarten through 6th Grade ELA Sub Plans Bundle!Fill up your ELA sub tub now so you are prepared when you need it! These kindergarten through 6th grade emergency ELA sub plans make sub planning easier than ever, so you can rest easy when you$185.00$264.00Save $79.00
- Get your sub tub ready for your classroom with the Kindergarten through 6th Grade Sub Plans MEGA Bundle!Fill up your sub tub now so you are prepared when you need it! These kindergarten through 6th grade emergency sub plans make sub planning easier than ever, so you can rest easy when you need it. T$317.00$528.00Save $211.00
These Thanksgiving and fall themed sub plans are perfect for the month of November! 3rd and 4th grade students will love these activities and you can rest easy knowing they are busy with meaningful ELA activities while you are away. This set of November emergency sub plans can be used as a full day of sub plans OR for several days of your Language Arts block.
Themes in the activities and lessons include: Thanksgiving, turkeys, Black Friday, Dia de los Muertos, Veterans Day, corn on the cob, and more! The monthly themes are so engaging and fun for kids.
Please review the preview which includes an overview of the document PLUS sample pages. Additionally, please note that these sub plans are NOT editable. They are print and go!
WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND BE PREPARED ALL YEAR? You can grab this set of sub plans in the Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans Bundle! You will save 20% when you purchase the full year in the bundle, and get the sub tub bundle organization bonus!
Please note that my monthly sub plans are available for K-6 in both ELA and math! You can find all monthly sub plans here. My monthly sub plans also integrate PERFECTLY with my popular Ready To Go Sub Plans Resources for Pre-K-6 which aren't seasonal and can be used at any time of year.
This Resource Includes:
"November ELA Sub Plans" Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
"November ELA Sub Plans" Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1", 1.5" or 2" binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Wishbone Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are wishbone themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Turkey Themed "How Did Your Day Go?" Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn't get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun turkey theme!
Thanksgiving Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! ;) These will do the trick!
Copies for Students
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: November Fill-In-The-Blanks
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: November Fixing Sentences
- Students will fix sentences at an upper grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets.
Letter Writing Lesson: Thank You to a Veteran
- Students will write a letter to thank a veteran for their service!
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming pages, and writing pages
Descriptive Writing: Turkey in Disguise
- Students will write a descriptive writing piece about a turkey in disguise... and then draw a picture of the turkey in the disguise they wrote about!
Reading Prompts & Lesson
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is an informational piece about Dia de los Muertos and the other is about giving thanks.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud for any narrative story. It is focused on making connections during reading. This lesson can be used over and over with new stories!
"Turkey!" ELA Review Game
- Students will practice their parts of speech AND figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
Sugar Skull Craftivity
- This Sugar Skull craftivity is in honor of Dia de los Muertos (a Mexican holiday on November 2). The lesson includes a brief description of the holiday and directions for students to create their own sugar school flap book!
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY?
"These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!"
"I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I've been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans."
"These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!"
DON'T STRESS ABOUT WRITING SUB PLANS ALL YEAR LONG! You can grab this set of sub plans in the Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans Bundle! You will save 20% when you purchase the full year in the bundle, and get the sub tub bundle organization bonus!
- Monthly Sub Plans for Kindergarten
- Monthly Sub Plans for 1st-2nd Grades
- Monthly Sub Plans for 3rd-4th Grades
- Monthly Sub Plans for 5th-6th Grades
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY
WANT MORE FREEBIES & TEACHING TIPS?
Click on the green star by my store name to become a follower! You will be notified when I upload new products, freebies, and have sales! You can also sign up for my free resource library to get access to ALL of my freebies as well as lots of free teaching ideas. Click here to learn more!
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.