This document includes:
- Four pre-teaching vocabulary cards: respect, honor, bravery, patriotism
- Informational/non-fiction text, "What is Veteran's Day?" This non fiction text covers holiday history, description, and explanation.
- Writing Standards Poster (1st grade)
- Flee Map black line (A Flee Map, derived from Thinking Maps, is a combination of the Tree Map and Flow Map. This map provides students with a tool to organize their writing effectively, putting their ideas in order. This map could be used for any writing genre.
- Writing Outline/Flee Map Poster: Print and laminate to use on any Focus Wall and/or place in a page protector within student writing folders. I even run this through a poster maker to make an instant anchor chart!
- Writing Outline/Flee Map Poster: Specific to explanatory/informational writing. The outline includes sentence starters for both the opening and closing sentences as well as transition words.
- Explanatory/Informational writing rubric
- Guided Flee Map for organizing "What is Veteran's Day?" explanatory/informational writing
- Writing paragraph (continued planning) outline
- Rough draft and final copy paper
Thank you for downloading! Follow my store for other writing lessons using Thinking Map planning!
KG Drops of Jupiter Font
KG Always a Good Time Font
KG SecondChances Chalkboard Font
KG Chasing Cars Font
D'Nealian Style Family Fonts-Fonts4Teachers
Stella Jumbo Papers and Clip Art-Teaching Super Power
Veteran's Day Clipart Bundle-EduClips
Doodle Face Pencil Clipart By Krista Wallden