Are you teaching Nuclear Energy in Physics or Chemistry? Look no further – Mrs. Brosseau’s Binder has what you need!
I’ve bundled my Nuclear Energy resources with more than a 30% discount - a great deal for a whole unit of study!
Here’s what you’ll get in the zipped folder:
Click on each for a closer look.
Are You Ready?
- A preparation worksheet before studying Nuclear Physics/Chemistry.
Nuclear Energy Timeline
- The history of the development of nuclear technologies the 1890s to today. Includes homework questions.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding student notes and homework questions.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding student notes, homework questions and a fun maze practice page.
Radioactive Decay – Maze Practice Page
- A fun way to review 5 different types of radioactive decay.
- A note with homework, along with a “lab” activity that models carbon dating.
Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fission
- A PowerPoint presentation and simple note.
Nuclear Power Generation
- A PowerPoint and Note that shows how nuclear energy stored in uranium is converted into electrical energy by CANDU nuclear reactors.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding notes and homework that introduces Einstein’s most famous equation: E=mc^2.
Binding Energy Graphing Assignment
- An assignment with solutions and rubric in which students determine nuclear stability of different atoms using spreadsheet software like Excel.
Nuclear Physics Flipbook of Equations of Constants
- A booklet for you and your students to keep handy as you work through this unit.
Nuclear Physics Terminology Domino Puzzle
- A fun way to review specialized vocabulary for this unit.
The terms defined in this puzzle are:
Isotopes, nucleon, radioisotope, ground state, excited state, alpha decay, beta decay, gamma decay, positron, electron, proton, neutron, photon, ionizing radiation, half-life, carbon dating, nuclear fusion, nuclear fission, nuclear reactor, mass-energy equivalence, binding energy, mass defect, nuclear stability
Nuclear Energy Doodle Notes
• Radioactivity, Radioactive Decay, Nuclear Decay
• Nuclear Energy Generation
• Mass-Energy Equivalence, Atomic Mass Unit, Mass Defect, Binding Energy
• Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fission
ALL Doodle Notes come with a corresponding 24x36" anchor chart to create amazing classroom posters!
when additional resources are added you’ll get those for free!
Many of these resources are editable, and offered in multiple formats. You’ll find PDF files that you can print quickly and DOCX, PPTX and EXCEL files that you can edit. Everything in this bundle has FULL SOLUTIONS.
Remember to purchase multiple licenses if you are sharing with a colleague or your department.
This entire unit is also part of my amazing, cost saving Physics Bundle!
Check it out – it includes lots of fun, professional physics lessons, activities, assessments and extras.
Check out the Preview
above for a closer look!
Mrs. Brosseau’s Binder
This resource aligns with the Ontario’s Secondary Science Curriculum: Energy Unit in Grade 11 University Physics SPH3U.
More Chemistry Resources
More Physics Resources
More Biology Resources
More Science Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺