Do your students need a helpful reminder of the equations and constants related to nuclear physics? This flipbook is the solution!
This flipbook contains the equations and constants in a senior unit of nuclear physics or chemistry. Topics included are:
• Atoms & Isotopes: standard atomic notation; number of protons, electrons and neutrons
• Half-life: equation and variables
• Radioactive Decay: chemical reaction equation and diagram for alpha decay, beta-negative decay, beta-positive decay, electron capture, gamma decay
• Mass-Energy Equivalence: equation, variables and steps for find the binding energy and binding energy per nucleon
• Constants and Conversions: masses for neutrons, protons and electrons in atomic mass units, conversion between atomic mass units and kilograms, conversion between mega electron volts (MeV) and joules, speed of light constant.
This resource is also part of my amazing, cost saving Physics Bundle
and the Nuclear Energy Enriched Bundle
All your students have to do is perform a few folds and one cut (instructions included) and they have a little flipbook to help them with their homework, assignments and (if you choose) their quizzes, tests or exam.
This resource is a 1-page PDF file
with an additional 1-page PDF that has the folding and cutting instructions.
Check out the Preview
above for a closer look!
Check out other exciting resources in the Nuclear Energy Enriched Bundle!
Are You Ready?
- A preparation worksheet before studying Nuclear Physics/Chemistry.
Nuclear Energy Timeline
- The history of the development of nuclear technologies the 1890s to today. Includes homework questions.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding student notes and homework questions.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding student notes, homework questions and a fun maze practice page.
Radioactive Decay – Maze Practice Page
- A fun way to review 5 different types of radioactive decay.
- A note with homework, along with a “lab” activity that models carbon dating.
Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fission
- A PowerPoint presentation and simple note.
Nuclear Power Generation
- A PowerPoint and Note that shows how nuclear energy stored in uranium is converted into electrical energy by CANDU nuclear reactors.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding notes and homework that introduces Einstein’s most famous equation: E=mc^2.
Binding Energy Graphing Assignment
- An assignment with solutions and rubric in which students determine nuclear stability of different atoms using spreadsheet software like Excel.
Nuclear Physics Flipbook of Equations of Constants
- A booklet for you and your students to keep handy as you work through this unit.
Nuclear Physics Terminology Domino Puzzle
- A fun way to review specialized vocabulary for this unit.
Mrs. Brosseau’s Binder
This resource aligns with the Ontario’s Secondary Science Curriculum: Energy Unit in Grade 11 University Physics SPH3U.
More Chemistry Resources
More Physics Resources
More Biology Resources
More Science Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺