If you are teaching about radioactive decay look no further! This is a phenomenal resource for teachers teaching nuclear physics or nuclear chemistry. In this zipped folder, you’ll find a 23-slide professional PowerPoint presentation, a corresponding 4-page student note, 2 pages of homework questions, a 1-page creative review Radioactive Decay Maze and full solutions.
This resource is also part of my amazing, cost saving Physics Bundle
and the Nuclear Energy Enriched Bundle
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• what is radioactive decay?
• types of radioactive decay
• alpha decay
• beta-negative decay
• beta-positive decay
• electron capture
• gamma decay
• chemical reaction equations for all 5 types of radioactive decay
• dangers associated with radioactive decay
The files are available in PDF format to print as-is and as EDITABLE
DOCX document files and PPTX PowerPoint files if you need to make an adjustment to meet the needs of your students.
Check out the PREVIEW
for a closer look.
Check out other exciting resources in the Nuclear Energy Enriched Bundle!
Are You Ready?
- A preparation worksheet before studying Nuclear Physics/Chemistry.
Nuclear Energy Timeline
- The history of the development of nuclear technologies the 1890s to today. Includes homework questions.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding student notes and homework questions.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding student notes, homework questions and a fun maze practice page.
Radioactive Decay – Maze Practice Page
- A fun way to review 5 different types of radioactive decay.
- A note with homework, along with a “lab” activity that models carbon dating.
Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fission
- A PowerPoint presentation and simple note.
Nuclear Power Generation
- A PowerPoint and Note that shows how nuclear energy stored in uranium is converted into electrical energy by CANDU nuclear reactors.
- A PowerPoint presentation with corresponding notes and homework that introduces Einstein’s most famous equation: E=mc^2.
Binding Energy Graphing Assignment
- An assignment with solutions and rubric in which students determine nuclear stability of different atoms using spreadsheet software like Excel.
Nuclear Physics Flipbook of Equations of Constants
- A booklet for you and your students to keep handy as you work through this unit.
Nuclear Physics Terminology Domino Puzzle
- A fun way to review specialized vocabulary for this unit.
Mrs. Brosseau’s Binder
This resource aligns with the Ontario’s Secondary Science Curriculum: Energy Unit in Grade 11 University Physics SPH3U.
More Chemistry Resources
More Physics Resources
More Biology Resources
More Science Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the red star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺